WE TAKE PRECAUTIONS WITH USER INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA.
If there is anything you do not understand please email us at email@example.com
Types of Personal Information Collected
We will ask you for certain kinds of personal information (“Personal Information”) to provide the services you request. This information includes:
Ordering – When you place an order we ask for your name, address, phone number and email address. You are may be required to provide credit card details and billing address. We will never share your credit card details or your billing address with any other party except to process your order. By placing an order with us your information may be stored with us.
Email List – When you place an order, you will be added to our email list. You will have the option to be removed from our email list by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
Calls to Customer Service/Participation in Promotions/Sweepstakes or Surveys- If you call our Customer Service center or participate in one of our promotions or sweepstakes or user surveys, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests or product preferences.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including:
to complete your purchase transactions, to provide the services you request,
to keep you informed about the status of your orders, to identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you to notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased to improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall Website experience to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means.
Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties
- We may NEVER share, sell or trade your Personal Information gathered online with third parties.
- We may disclose your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of Users of this Website or the public.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to outside individuals and/or companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer and to create, operate, and maintain our Website. For example, we may work with third parties to:
- Manage a database of customer information;
- Assist us in distributing e-mails;
- Assist us with direct marketing and data collection;
- Provide data storage and analysis;
- Provide fraud prevention;
- Provide customer service;
- Provide product fulfillment and shipping services;
- Provide other services designed to assist us in developing and running our Website and maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep all information shared with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations to us.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Through your use of this Website, we may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from you (“NPII”). NPII is not associated with you as an individual. It is measured anonymously and only in the aggregate.
- We may also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “web beacons” or “clear gifs”), which are tiny graphic images, on the Website. Pixel tags help us analyze Users’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our advertising and marketing. We may also use other analytical tools to evaluate site performance through the use of aggregated data, which contain no Personal Information. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
- Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools that we may use on the Website may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to the Website. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
- Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
- We may also work with businesses that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, but no Personal Information is shared with them.
- We may combine the NPII collected through cookies, pixel tags and other analytical tools with other information we may have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our Website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
- We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not response to Do Not Track signals.
- We strive to keep your Personal Information private and safe. We take commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security of Personal Information collected, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information, so please do not send us your credit card number by email.
- We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of the Website to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of the Website. Once you have entered, the page address (URL) will change from “http” to “https” to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
- Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit through the Website, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
“Spoofing” And “Phishing”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting Personal Information from you. Please be aware that we will not send you any emails requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other Personal Information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email.
Children and Privacy
Disclosure for Legal Purposes
You hereby authorize us to disclose any of your Personal Information pursuant to judicial and administrative proceedings and to law enforcement or government agencies if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate. You also authorize us to disclose Personal Information if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the event of an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with the Website, such as fraud, misrepresentation, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may put us at risk for liability.
We do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through email or otherwise. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting the same to us, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute the information for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at the Website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a response from us within 30 days, please send us another email as your original correspondence may not have been received.