We take pride in our products and we want to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. We use only unprocessed virgin hair and it feels and behaves like natural hair.
Hair shedding, tangling, and matting could easily be avoided with the following simple preventative methods at the time of installation and after-install care.
The Bouchra- Hair extensions are made from high quality Unprocessed pure Virgin Indian Hair. It is recommended to follow suggested instruction before installing your hair.
- Our hair goes through multiple quality inspections before shipping from our factory in India and also in UAE before shipping to you
- In order to prepare for the installation, use mild shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair with cold to warm water. It is important to keep the band around the bundle during washing to avoid any tangling
- Untangle hair by running your fingers through the hair while they are wet. In case you see any shedding, do not install and please call us.
- Use dry towel or drying cloth and let it air dry
- Once the hair is dry, take out the rubber band and fold it four or eight folds and comb the hair starting from bottom end to the top. The hair should not tangle or shed. If you find any problems with the extension, do not install it and call us immediately
- If you find any issues after installation, we cannot take responsibility as many other factors may cause shedding or tangling problem after the install.
We stand by our product and for any reason, if there is any manufacturing defect, you will be able to detect before installation. PLEASE CALL US OR RETURN THE WEFT INTACT.
Installing Hair Extensions:
Our hair extensions are made with single needle weft machines without using glue.
- Ideally, professional stylists recommend folding the wefts instead of cutting them to prevent shedding and matting issues. When installing, do not cut the weft. If you need to cut the weft, make sure that the ends are properly sealed or glued to prevent shedding. Shedding causes matting. Sometimes matting could stop after all loose hair falls off or it might continue to shed and damage the weft.
- While installing weft, you must sew around the weft rather than sewing through the weft. If the installer by oversight pushes the needle through the track of the weft instead of sewing over it, it will weaken the weft and cause shedding.
Micro-wefts (Hand-tied wefts)
The micro-wefts are made by hand thus thinner than even our single needle wefts.
- Our micro-wefts come pre-cut to prevent shedding.
These simple precautions would ensure the wefts to last longer without shedding and tangling.
Maintaining your Hair:
- Before washing your hair, make sure to brush out all the tangles. Wash the hair with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner at least once a week. Hair care products should be compatible with the hair texture. Wash hair with warm water and comb downward gently, beginning at the end and working your way towards the scalp.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry your hair– scrunch your hair gently to remove excess moisture. Don’t rub hair with the terry cloth towel that is for drying your body. It will cause the hair to frizz.
- Hair is at its weakest when wet and should be handled carefully.
Hair gets damaged a lot while sleeping, constant rubbing against the pillow causes tangle and breakage of the hair, therefore braiding with dried hair and wrapping it in a silk scarf before going to bed helps to avoid getting any tangles and damage to the hair and also it will help with the styling in the morning.
A weft closure is a small piece of lace fabric with individual strands of hair ventilated through and knotted directly to the lace. These knots are single knots which gives a look of natural hair line. These knots are secured with strong adhesive (not Sealer) at the base. In Virgin Hair closures, there will be about 2 inches of hair at the base where cuticles run in opposite directions. This is a recipe for tangling.
Here are some tips how to take care of Weft Closures from damage, balding and tangling.
- Always spray Knot Sealer or any fabric sealer every time you take it out for deep cleaning the head.
- Before shampooing, detangle the closure gently without tugging or pulling.
- While shampooing, hold the roots of the weft closure and gently comb it starting from ends and work your way up to the roots. (for cuticle free closure use moisturizing shampoo to give life to the hair)
- Baldness can be caused by excessive tugging, brushing and combing and also due to scratching with fingernails or other foreign objects. Though closures mimic a scalp but it is cannot be treated as real one.
- Wrapping a scarf on the head while sleeping will protect the hair from tangling.
Bouchra-Hair is 100% Unprocessed Virgin Hair, therefore it can be dyed, bleached, relaxed or permed. We strongly recommend that any chemical alternation be done professionally.
Prior to any chemical alterations, a strand test should be performed and please be aware that performing these services can change the texture and/or pattern of the hair.
Bleaching and highlighting causes damage to your hair. While this is true, we are not suggesting that you shouldn’t do it. However, it should be done by a professional who understands the effect of bleaching and proper steps to be taken to keep the hair healthy and hydrated.
Bleach and highlights remove color (melamine) from your hair by the process of oxidation. Bleaching raises the outer cuticles, allowing the bleaching agent to fully penetrate. Most commonly used bleach contains Hydrogen Peroxide and Ammonia. These damages makes the hair dry, brittle and inelastic. These are ideal conditions for causing breakage of hair.
The amount of damage to the hair varies depending on the time of bleaching and strength of Hydrogen Peroxide to attain lighter shade. It is recommended to select the appropriate color of the hair and bleach the hair to an appropriate level (shades) without damaging the hair.
The best way to combat dryness, brittleness and breakage is to use a pre shampoo and deep conditioning treatment. Our recommendation is to apply oils like coconut oil or olive oil and keep it overnight and bleach the hair with oil in the hair. This helps in keeping the hair moisturized, soft and strong even after bleaching.
In bleaching the hair for Ombre style, it is important to bleach the hair in gradation. Bleach should be applied at the bottom and work your way up to the desired height. Precaution should be taken not to bleach in a vertical line and lift the shade to over 6. In such instance, the part of the hair which is not bleached is strong and immediately the part below which is bleached is weak. This is the main reason for breakage of hair. Gradually reducing the shade from top to bottom helps and not much breakage occurs.
After-care is very important for bleached hair. Appropriate moisturizing shampoo and conditioners should be used. Generally, hair is at the weakest when wet, more so the bleached hair. After washing hair, it is not advisable to use hot air to blow dry it and brush the hair only after drying completely.
PERMING AND RELAXING:
Perming and relaxing is chemically modifying the hair structure. This should be administered by experts under their supervision.
ANY HAIR THAT IS CHEMICALLY PROCESSED LIKE BLEACHED, PERMED AND RELAXED HAIR CANNOT BE RETURNED AND NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.